Happily Unmarried

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

It's a Thursday It's a Thursday It's a Thursday

It's a Thursday It's a Thursday It's a Thursday It's a Thursday It's a Thursday It's a Thursday It's a Thursday It's a Thursday It's a Thursday

Deepika came home this morning. For those who don't know, she is my elephant-crazy sister who is doing her MSc in Wildlife Biology in a remote corner of Tamil Nadu (Her course requires her to cut up rabbits and pigeons and suicidal fish and stuff them!!!!). She generally comes in on Saturdays and announces her arrival with "Chikkipoooo! Chikkani! Chikkibangari! Chikkisingari! Chikkiputtu! Chikkipoooo! Chikkani! Chikkibangari! Chikkisingari! Chikkiputtu!" And she is not referring to any of us but is having a full-fledged 3-months worth of conversation with our dog.

I am used to waking up with a heart attack at that noise, plugging my ears and turning around and going right back to sleep since it's a Saturday and I can catch up with her later. Today, she came with her usual tirade and assuming it was a weekend I continued to sleep. Later, much later, like at 8 o clock some corner in my brain woke up and created panic. It had to go to a lot of trouble though before it had convinced all other corners of the brain of the fact that was actually a THURSDAY, not a SATURDAY.

Result - I got to office late with protesting parts of brain and body that refused to believe that Saturday was still 2 days away. Speaking of Saturday, I have a very special date this Saturday with Mad Eye Moody, Victor Krum, Fleur Delacour and of course, He Who Must Not Be Named. I will be sipping from the Goblet of Fire with my partners in crime - Deepika, Madan and whiny cousin!!

- I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home