Happily Unmarried

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Krums! It's Viktor!


Disclaimer - Only for those familiar with Potter-dom!
Credits - Umsyyyyy, for sending me yummy Krum snap and Hema for the yummy Harry snap that she promises she will send soon.

Scene 1 - on screen
Quidditch World Cup - Fred and George are damn cute in their Irish colours.

Scene 1 - off screen
My sister and I are fighting in whispers over who gets Fred and George. For those of you suggesting that we should have split them, you don't know Harry Potter! They are a package deal and it would be a sacrilege to think that one of us could take one of them. As McGonagall put it "You, babbling, bumbling band of baboons!"

Scene 2 - on screen
The start of the Triwizard Tournament. Students of Beauxbatons and Drumstrang walk in. Fleur Delacour walks in first. (Ho hmmm, she is not as nice as I thought she would be) Then... walks in VIKTOR KRUM.

Scene 2 - off screen
PLONK PLONK PLONK - That's my totally-in-crush heart bouncing in the drool around my seat.

Aside from that, the movie had loads of really have-to-be-there details missing. Hermione had very un-frizzy hair, Ron wasn't half as cute, Ginny didn't look like Harry would fall in love with her ever, Snape appeared only to show off his vial of Veritaserum, the Sphinx and Giant Spider didn't appear in the maze, the Death Eaters didn't torture muggles at the World Cup, Dudley Dursley didn't even make an appearance, Voldemort didn't have a beard (I always imagined him with a beard, more like Karkaroff!) and Harry looked more 17-going-on-18 than 14. But then, it had KRUM! Krum made up for the rest of it in the 10 minutes of screen-time he got.

...Now that I have acted in a completely undignified 16-year-old manner, all that reminds me of a decade earlier infact. We were three girls, averagely-mad in a regular teenagers kind of way, who spent 16 of the 24 hours obsessively discussing Shah Rukh Khan and for the rest 8, the complete lunatics that one of us always managed to pick up for boyfriends.

Oh well, somethings never change. Shah Rukh Khan is old news, though I really liked him in Swades and had an irresistible urge to hit him in Veer Zaara. The trio has changed as well, it's a duo now. Between Umsy and me or Mamatha and me, we can spend upto 20 hours now, systematically analysing the various anatomical features of Abhishek Bachchan. *Sigh* And now, Viktor Krum...

- I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home